Keyword

No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!

More
15 years 2 months ago #69694 by Just Kat
Replied by Just Kat on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
I just read this response second.....aha! So my theory in the above reply was right. Hmm...I get "documentation coming soon" when I go to Components>K2 and click the documentation icon. Maybe we should find out who is writing it and see if this is mentioned. I guess had we had the documentation in the first place, we probably would of had a chance to know about this condition of enabling CAPCHA. ;)

Thanks for helping me figure this out. As a new Joomla user, I guess Im more apt to think that it is a ID10T error than any sort of Joomla or plugin/component/module problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69695 by rootlock
Replied by rootlock on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
Hi there, I'm loving that this issue is being resolved. I made a different post earlier, but I don't think I was clear about my problem...

Just curious, has this been resolved then?

I was using recapacha with keys, public and private, having the same issue. Also, I am using JOMSOCIAL W/ JOMCOMMENT enabled for K2. I was pretty near to abandoning K2, but just couldn't bring myself to it... Love the possibilities!

For now, a little hope goes a long way. Still, I'd like to have complete functionality.

Any one have any further updates?

Thanks!
Brad

• Brandon G. Little
  • Brandon G. Little's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #69696 by Brandon G. Little
Replied by Brandon G. Little on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
I have resolved it, simply by adding the proper public/private keys for reCaptcha.

If you're still having a problem, double check that your keys are correct, AND that you didn't flip-flop the public / private.

Remember that the root of the problem was a script error. In my case (and Kat's), that script error was caused by not having our keys properly input for Comments, but that doesn't necessarily mean that your error isn't coming from some other script conflict. If your keys are correct and you're CSS is still broken, try disabling comments entirely and see if you get any change. If not, the problem is somewhere else. Try viewing it in every browser you can, looking for more clues that might determine what's making the mess. And if it comes down to it, disable extensions and plug-ins one-by-one until something works.

Good luck getting everything up and running, and please keep us posted on the progress. Just hang in there... K2 has too much potential to just walk away, and I'm sure the bugs will all get worked out eventually.

More
13 years 8 months ago #69697 by william white
Replied by william white on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
@patrick - see friend request

Patrick said:
hahaha be sure to check your spelling of your domain name used for private and public keys. Two of us spent hours trying to find solution. Then went back to recaptcha and realized signed up mispelled domain name.