Keyword

Simple Image Gallery bug

More
14 years 10 months ago #70222 by Egil Hansen
Replied by Egil Hansen on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Same problem here. SIG does not find the images that are uploaded via K2. Could you please post the fix you made, Cameron?

Cameron Barr said:Though I might add to the SIG bug discussion.
SIG Free (the one I just downloaded anyway) is checking the image/stories/ dir for image galleries which by design it is supposed to do. When you upload files via the item->image galleries tab (when editing an item) the item model saves the files to the media/k2/galleries/ directory. So when the images are sought by the SIG plugin they are nowhere to be found.
I fixed mine with a hack- but would like a perm solution so I am suggesting that either the SIG plugin checks both directories and uses the K2 if both exist - OR (and probably better) - the K2 admin side item model complies with SIG and stores the files in the image/stories/ dir .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #70223 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
How come I don't have a showthumbs.php file? Hmm....

Gianmichele Genovese said:Hi
regarding the problem of the thumbnails I fixed it applying the chmod permission 744 on the showthumbs.php file in plugin/conten/plugin_jw_sig/

it works well

More
14 years 9 months ago #70224 by Alex Aedo Aedo
Replied by Alex Aedo Aedo on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
La solución al problema es muy simple, solo tienes que cambiar el nombre del archivo del plugin Simple Image Gallery. El archivo se encuentra en la carpeta site\plugins\content\jwsig.php. K2 pregunta si existe site\plugins\content\jw_sig.php no si existe site\plugins\content\jwsig.php, Hay se genera el problema, si cambias el nombre del archivo por el que corresponde todo se soluciona!!!

Alex Aedo Aedo

More
14 years 9 months ago #70225 by sergio chiriac
Replied by sergio chiriac on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
hi there

can some one help me with this.... tell me what i´m doing wrong i tried everyhing from this post installed and reinstaled every solution you guys made here, i can attach files to gallerie in k2 but when i want to see them it shows:

{gallery}2{/gallery}

so can someone tell me what i´m doing wrong??

ps:sorry for my english grammar

More
14 years 9 months ago #70226 by Alex Aedo Aedo
Replied by Alex Aedo Aedo on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Hola, Eso significa que no esta instalado el pluggin de SIG.

Alex Aedo Aedo

Sergio said:hi there
can some one help me with this.... tell me what i´m doing wrong i tried everyhing from this post installed and reinstaled every solution you guys made here, i can attach files to gallerie in k2 but when i want to see them it shows:

{gallery}2{/gallery}

so can someone tell me what i´m doing wrong??

ps:sorry for my english grammar

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
More
14 years 7 months ago #70227 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
I have re-installed pro, used the mootools settings changed the directory sig uses to media/k2/galleries

I have copied my rar file to the galleries dir

then at item level I have browsed to the galleries dir and selected the rar file I had put there
and saved. Previewed - NOTHING....

One thing though - at item level when you browse and select the rar file THERE IS NO GENERATE THUMBS ETC ETC FUNCTIONALITY.... AND...... EVEN THOUGH YOU SAVE THE ITEM... THE RAR DOES NOT GET STORED IN GALLERIES.
I FEEL VERY ANGRY THAT I PAID FOR THIS AND NOBODY FROM K2 HAS RESOLVED IT.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70228 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Hi. First of all your archive must be in zip format not in rar. Also your archive should not contain any folders, just the images. If you do these things and your server meets the requirements you should not have any problem.

George Szubinski said:I have re-installed pro, used the mootools settings changed the directory sig uses to media/k2/galleries
I have copied my rar file to the galleries dir

then at item level I have browsed to the galleries dir and selected the rar file I had put there

One thing though - at item level when you browse and select the rar file THERE IS NO GENERATE THUMBS ETC ETC FUNCTIONALITY.... AND...... EVEN THOUGH YOU SAVE THE ITEM... THE RAR DOES NOT GET STORED IN GALLERIES.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #70229 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
ok Lefteris, I changed the format to zip and browsed the zip file but it still doesnt work.

Look at the steps again:
S1you select the item and edit
S2 you click on the image gallery tab
S3 you browse and select your zip file

S5 you save the item

WHERE IS STEP 4 TO LOAD THE ZIP FILE INTO SIG??? THERE IS NO BUTTON

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. First of all your archive must be in zip format not in rar. Also your archive should not contain any folders, just the images. If you do these things and your server meets the requirements you should not have any problem.
George Szubinski said:I have re-installed pro, used the mootools settings changed the directory sig uses to media/k2/galleries I have copied my rar file to the galleries dir

More
14 years 7 months ago #70230 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Hi. Step 4 as you named executes automatically. When you click "Apply" or "Save" button, K2 will upload the zip file you selected.

George Szubinski said:ok Lefteris, I changed the format to zip and browsed the zip file but it still doesnt work.
Look at the steps again:

S5 you save the item

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. First of all your archive must be in zip format not in rar. Also your archive should not contain any folders, just the images. If you do these things and your server meets the requirements you should not have any problem. George Szubinski said:I have re-installed pro, used the mootools settings changed the directory sig uses to media/k2/galleries I have copied my rar file to the galleries dir

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #70231 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Lefteris

Thats what I thought might be the expected result but when I look in media/k2/galleries all I see is an index file with nothing else, so despite me ensuring that the zip file is correct and the folder contains only the pictures and the zip file the k2 galleries tab does NOT function correctly!!

Now if I create mypics folder within media/k2/galleries and put my pics in that folder and NO zip file and then in joomla switch to item view and insert {gallery}mypics{/gallery} - SIG works just fine!!
So... that leads me to believe that the k2 gallery functionality does NOT work - SIG does...

Comments???

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Step 4 as you named executes automatically. When you click "Apply" or "Save" button, K2 will upload the zip file you selected.
George Szubinski said:ok Lefteris, I changed the format to zip and browsed the zip file but it still doesnt work. Look at the steps again:

S5 you save the item

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. First of all your archive must be in zip format not in rar. Also your archive should not contain any folders, just the images. If you do these things and your server meets the requirements you should not have any problem. George Szubinski said:I have re-installed pro, used the mootools settings changed the directory sig uses to media/k2/galleries I have copied my rar file to the galleries dir then at item level I have browsed to the galleries dir and selected the rar file I had put there