Keyword

Notification of new comments by email

More
13 years 5 months ago #72102 by Shepherd, Bobby
Replied by Shepherd, Bobby on topic Notification of new comments by email
please advice, when i replace the two scripts and remove the public key word from the scripts, i still get an error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #72103 by Shepherd, Bobby
Replied by Shepherd, Bobby on topic Notification of new comments by email
Hi John,

Please advice, when i remove the public keyword i still get an error, think its a syntax error. are you able to help? John Hooley said:

Okay guys, I've added a little bit more to the modifications and fixed the error with the submitter's email. It will now send an email --if there is an email entered in the parameters field-- that will either notify of a new comment that has been added or one that needs to be reviewed. It also includes the title of the item that was commented.
I changed the file location so that people will download the latest version:

bluebridgedev.com/files/k2CommentsMod.zip

The directions are the same. If you're just updating from the last change, you need only switch out item.php.

One thing I forgot to mention before, I make use of the private keyword which is available only in PHP 5+. PHP 4 users will need to remove it from the function definitions or it will cause errors.

I've also given the snippet it's own page on my site:

bluebridgedev.com/code-snippets

More
11 years 5 days ago #72104 by Brent Friar
Replied by Brent Friar on topic Re: Notification of new comments by email
This is thread is a little old but still comes up on Google, so in case you are still looking for a solution we have a J2.5.x/K2 2.6.x plugin with no core hacks that handles comment notification.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/24026