Simple Image Gallery and V2.2

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77414 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Simple Image Gallery and V2.2
Hi Chris,

Sorry to say, I gave up and used PrettyBox by JoomlaBamboo . . . . however . . . . the need to have the built in Image Gallery functioning within K2 is much more important.

I shall open this up and take a look.

Chris Yates said:Whoops.
Here are files.

CHRIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77415 by Simon Wells
Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached.
Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field.
Save and reload page and I get the following see this.
No preview images, but if you click them, then they load the image.

In /media/k2/galleries/INCREMENTING NUMBER it has now placed the images. This folder is set to 0755.

Chris Yates said:Whoops. Here are files.
CHRIS

More
14 years 8 months ago #77416 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic Simple Image Gallery and V2.2
Simon,

Had what you are seeing originally.

I uninstalled the plugin completely using the Joomla uninstaller, then reinstalled the package I attached.

It works perfectly on my system Joomla 1.5.15/K2 Version 2.2.

Can only suggest you may not have uninstalled the original package in totality.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field.
Save and reload page and I get the following see this.

In /media/k2/galleries/INCREMENTING NUMBER it has now placed the images. This folder is set to 0755.

Chris Yates said:Whoops. Here are files. CHRIS

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77417 by Simon Wells
Hi Chris, I am just working through this again, step by step.

Uninstall plugin via Extension Manager/Plugins/Uninstall
Install the plg_jw_sigv.1.2.1r2k2_j1.5.zip from about 4 threads up via Extension Manager/Install
Enable plugin via Extension Manager/Plugins

Refresh my gallery page and get error:
Warning: opendir(/home/mediled1/public_html/simon/K2/images/stories/89) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/mediled1/public_html/simon/K2/plugins/content/jw_sig.php on line 139

Seem this is still looking at /images/stories and not /media/k2/galleries/
I re-downloaded the file again and opened the jw_sig.php it does point to stories so suspect that the wrong file was posted.

Chris Yates said:Simon,

I uninstalled the plugin completely using the Joomla uninstaller, then reinstalled the package I attached.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77418 by Simon Wells
Hi Chris,
There seems to be somethign wrong with that last upload, could not get it working on a couple of sites.
I made adjustments to the files and can now het the gallery working correctly, as seen on this site
I have also named the plugin with a sub version number to tie it in with K2 and this is seen within the plugin details. For some reason, I could not get the Version log to update in the language files.

Now I have seen a live working gallery running SIG, I am much happier.

I have the file here.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77419 by Chris Yates
Simon,

Totally bemused what's going on here.

However, I've copied and attached in a zipped folder both the working jw_sig.php and the associated xml file from my server.

You know the drill reference writing over the files on your server with these.

Am online all afternoon so let me know progress and lets see if we can get it working for you.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Hi Chris, There seems to be somethign wrong with that last upload, could not get it working on a couple of sites.
I made adjustments to the files and can now het the gallery working correctly, as seen on this site
I have also named the plugin with a sub version number to tie it in with K2 and this is seen within the plugin details. For some reason, I could not get the Version log to update in the language files.

I have the file here.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Had what you are seeing originally.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this. No preview images, but if you click them, then they load the image.

Attachments:

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77420 by Simon Wells
HI Chris, I am happy knowing that the gallery is working, ie the pop up, just not sure why there are no thumbnails.
I have changed to different templates and the problem remains.

If I could get TN sorted, then that would resolve it.

Confused by it all.

Totally bemused what's going on here.

However, I've copied and attached in a zipped folder both the working jw_sig.php and the associated xml file from my server.

Am online all afternoon so let me know progress and lets see if we can get it working for you.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Hi Chris, There seems to be somethign wrong with that last upload, could not get it working on a couple of sites. I made adjustments to the files and can now het the gallery working correctly, as seen on this site

I have the file here.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Had what you are seeing originally.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this. No preview images, but if you click them, then they load the image.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77421 by Chris Yates
Simon,

Confused we all are.

I tried your version and it didn't work here alas.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:HI Chris, I am happy knowing that the gallery is working, ie the pop up, just not sure why there are no thumbnails. I have changed to different templates and the problem remains.

Confused by it all.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Totally bemused what's going on here.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Hi Chris, There seems to be somethign wrong with that last upload, could not get it working on a couple of sites. I made adjustments to the files and can now het the gallery working correctly, as seen on this site I have also named the plugin with a sub version number to tie it in with K2 and this is seen within the plugin details. For some reason, I could not get the Version log to update in the language files.

I have the file here.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Had what you are seeing originally. I uninstalled the plugin completely using the Joomla uninstaller, then reinstalled the package I attached.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this. No preview images, but if you click them, then they load the image. In /media/k2/galleries/INCREMENTING NUMBER it has now placed the images. This folder is set to 0755.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77422 by Simon Wells
Wow, it all seems a bit flaky.
Would be nice to get some official word from Fotis on this.

Confused we all are.

I tried your version and it didn't work here alas.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:HI Chris, I am happy knowing that the gallery is working, ie the pop up, just not sure why there are no thumbnails. I have changed to different templates and the problem remains.

Confused by it all.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Totally bemused what's going on here.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Hi Chris, There seems to be somethign wrong with that last upload, could not get it working on a couple of sites. I made adjustments to the files and can now het the gallery working correctly, as seen on this site I have also named the plugin with a sub version number to tie it in with K2 and this is seen within the plugin details. For some reason, I could not get the Version log to update in the language files.

I have the file here.

Chris Yates said:Simon, Had what you are seeing originally. I uninstalled the plugin completely using the Joomla uninstaller, then reinstalled the package I attached.

CHRIS

Simon Wells said:Well, I had some progress with that last file that was attached. Unzipped it in the required folder, upload a zip in the image gallery tab and this time it generated the code, which was copied and pasted in to the source code field. Save and reload page and I get the following see this. No preview images, but if you click them, then they load the image. In /media/k2/galleries/INCREMENTING NUMBER it has now placed the images. This folder is set to 0755.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77423 by Chris Yates
Simon/All,

Attached is a new SIG FREE package which works for me, delivers gallery AND thumbnails in Item Edit.

Couple of screen shots attached to show both as well.

Be Well,

CHRIS
Attachments: