Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #84557 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Don't expect such a thing from JW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #84558 by pedrox
Replied by pedrox on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Por estas e outras é que eu prefiro componentes pagas. As componentes gratuitas, muitas vezes, acabam por ficar caras porque não se pode contar com nada. Essa resposta ai acima, do  Olivier Karfis é tão intimidatória quanto arrogante. É certo que nalguns casos as pessoas exageram e são demasiado exigentes e não se pode ser demasiado exigente quando se trata de uma componente gratuita que depende da boa vontade de algumas pessoas. Sobretudo, quando, como diz o Oliver, não se contribui com nada para ajudar k2. Só que neste caso em particular, as coisas chegaram a um ponto em que, na minha opinião, os responsáveis por k2 já não têm moral para reclamar de um clima de duvidas e angustia que eles próprios têm vindo criando e alimentando desde o lançamento de Joomla 16. Esse clima de "k2 é gratuito portanto ninguém tem o direito de reclamar, e ainda menos se, como lembra o Oliver, não presta nenhuma ajuda no fórum", é pura arrogância e intimidação porque, independentemente, de k2 ser gratuito ou não os seus desemvolvedores não deixam mesmo assim de ter a obrigação de nos manter devidamente informados. Em vez disso vêm alimentando este clima cada vez mais insuportável de duvidas e incertezas em que (quase) se transformou em tabu fazer perguntas sobre o lançamento de k2 para Joomla 16... 

More
13 years 3 months ago #84559 by Scott Tuchman
Replied by Scott Tuchman on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I'm confused.  You are stating that Joomla 1.6 is still not RC or ready for production use?  WTF?  If this is the case, why is everyone flocking to it now?  Why is Simon stating that you have a new K2 ver2.6 coming out for J1.6 after Joomla Days in Greece?

JoomlaWorks said:
While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

More
13 years 2 months ago #84560 by pedrox
Replied by pedrox on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Jason Bourne said:
Nick, first off any one that resorts to language like that is a moron.  Shut up, kid you're not that "cool." 

Secondly, wow what happened to K2.  I was apart of the mod thread and I pitched a bitch when they released 2.4 and we modded it and then like a week later they came out with 2.4.1 and we had to mod it all again.  LMAO. 

Now, it is still v2.4.1... What? 

IN any event I am not going to the bitching but want to ask... Can someone comment at least how 2.5 is working? 

Here's an example ...
meuboy.com/5teste/new/index.php/k2

More
13 years 2 months ago #84561 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Scott,

it was expected it would be 2.6 for J1.6, but it will be 2.5 for 1.6 and it has not been fully released.

Simon
Scott Tuchman said:

I'm confused.  You are stating that Joomla 1.6 is still not RC or ready for production use?  WTF?  If this is the case, why is everyone flocking to it now?  Why is Simon stating that you have a new K2 ver2.6 coming out for J1.6 after Joomla Days in Greece?
JoomlaWorks said:
While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

More
13 years 2 months ago #84562 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Jason,

Have you tested 2.5SVN on 1.6?

Personally and from speaking at a lot of other devs, we are holding out and not using 1.6.I dont even think I will be using 1.7, but waiting until 1.8 instead.

I can understand why there has not been a rush to get 2.5SVN released for 1.6 due to its short life cycle, but 2.5 should still be functional for 1.7, I have it working on a 1.7 test site.

Simon
Jason Bourne said:

Nick, first off any one that resorts to language like that is a moron.  Shut up, kid you're not that "cool." 

Secondly, wow what happened to K2.  I was apart of the mod thread and I pitched a bitch when they released 2.4 and we modded it and then like a week later they came out with 2.4.1 and we had to mod it all again.  LMAO. 

Now, it is still v2.4.1... What? 

IN any event I am not going to the bitching but want to ask... Can someone comment at least how 2.5 is working? 

More
13 years 2 months ago #84563 by Scott Tuchman
Replied by Scott Tuchman on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Thanks Simon,

It is still not quite clear what JW is doing with K2 as Fotis seems to have forgotten how to use their blog.  Nothing has been written directly by the developers since February 6 and clearly what was written has not transpired.  It makes no sense to me to not take 2 minutes and write an actual update on the JW/K2 Blog to bring everyone up to speed.  To not do so is just wrong and bad business.  We should not have to find out about K2 progress second hand.

Hope your feeling much better!
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

Scott,

it was expected it would be 2.6 for J1.6, but it will be 2.5 for 1.6 and it has not been fully released.

Simon Scott Tuchman said:

I'm confused.  You are stating that Joomla 1.6 is still not RC or ready for production use?  WTF?  If this is the case, why is everyone flocking to it now?  Why is Simon stating that you have a new K2 ver2.6 coming out for J1.6 after Joomla Days in Greece? JoomlaWorks said: