Keyword

Images not saving

• Carden
  • Carden's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105724 by Carden
Images not saving was created by Carden
I have been using K2 for a few months without any problems but recently I have encountered a problem with uploading or inserting images in both the back end and in the front end.

In the back end when I browse to an image on my computer or on the server and click save I get redirected to a blank page www.mydomain/administrator.php .....and the image does not get uploaded and is not saved, but the category or item is saved

In the front end when I browse to an image on my computer and click save the content editor window goes blank. If I browse to an image on the server and click save I get a 404 error message and the image is not uploaded or saved,....... but in each case the item or category is saved.

If you wish to test this in the front end follow this Link:

Please note: I am an experienced joomla administrator but not a developer so please use layman language as much as possible.

I greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Carden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105725 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Images not saving
First, turn error reporting on int eh Joomla Global Settings Server Tab.
Try to load the pages again and there may be an error reported that will point you in the direction of whats not correct.

Also,check the information tab in the k2 dashboard, be sure mb_string is enabled on your server

Since you have been using K2 for several months, if this symptom just showed up and was not there before, what have you changed or added to your site that could be causing the error

• Carden
More
11 years 11 months ago #105726 by Carden
Replied by Carden on topic Re: Images not saving
W.W - Thanks for the speedy response and the suggestions.

1) I set error reporting to maximum in server tab.
2) When the add item window opened the following notice appeared across the top of the page.

"Notice: Undefined property: JSite::$registeredurlparams in /home/regional/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 639"

3) When I clicked the image tab the following error message appeared.

"Invalid backend response. Data is not JSON."

I Googled this error message and there seems to be a number of references to 2.5.7 version of K2 and some of the responses were too technical for me to follow. ( I have version 2.6.1)

I also used the serach function on the K2 website and found that several people have had this problem with v.2.5.7 but found no references to v.2.6.1. There may be an solution in the postings but perhaps in a language I do not understand.

4) As far as I can recall the only change that have been made is the installation of a JCE update and then I reviewed the settings making a few changes but I don't see anything that might have caused this problem.

5) Mb_string is enabled.

Does any of this narrow down the problem? Hopefully you can help.

Thanks

More
11 years 11 months ago #105727 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Images not saving
Check your system plugins, test by disabling the to see if one of them is causing the problem

• Carden
More
11 years 11 months ago #105728 by Carden
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried turning off each system plugin but the problem persists.

Any other ideas?

Carden

More
11 years 11 months ago #105729 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Images not saving
@Carden

Set error reporting to maximum as William suggested and try again. If get the blank screen again but no fatal errors, use browser's page source button to view the actual source. Sometimes the error may be hidden inside a div element.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Carden
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105730 by Carden
Thanks L.K.
I tried as you suggested and did not get a fatal error message.
As I am not a coder I have attached as file for your perusal.
Hopefully something will be evident.
Carden
Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #105731 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Images not saving
@Carden

So what's the issue? I see a normal HTML page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Carden
More
11 years 11 months ago #105732 by Carden
Ok: The issue is that I am unable to bring images into K2 pages.

The html page code sent previously is what was produced when viewing source code of blank page produced after trying to save image from the front end. As I do not understand code I passed it along in case there was something useful.

I also tried viewing source code of the blank page that resulted when trying to save image from the back end. In this case no source code is produced it is truly a blank page.

I really like K2 and my community users are very excited about the capabilities. Does anyone have any additional ideas as to how to solve this problem.

I am unable to identify any additions or changes that were made to the system that could have caused the problem. As I have mentioned previously the only change that has been made since the installation of K2 is the upgrade to the current version of JCE. Nevertheless, in the coming days I intend to disable each extension one by one to see if a conflict can be identified. As my available time is very limited it will no doubt take some time to complete this task.

Alternatively, I am looking for options for a way forward. A fix for the existing issue would be ideal, but if no fix exists, what are the next best options?
For instance:
1) if I uninstall K2 and reinstall might the problem be solved?
2) if so, will all of the items, categories and images be deleted.
3) If yes, is there any practical way to export items, categories, and images and then import back into a clean installation.

I greatly appreciate any and all help.
Carden

More
11 years 11 months ago #105733 by Ryo San
Replied by Ryo San on topic Re: Images not saving
Hi,

Did you found a solution ? I think I have the same problem, impossible to add an image to an article with Joomla 2.5.7 and K2 2.6.1 :unsure:

Ryo