Keyword

Images not saving

More
11 years 10 months ago #105744 by Ryo San
Replied by Ryo San on topic Re: Images not saving
Thanks for your answer Lefteris.

I will check tomorrow but for me (I work on a local environment) everything is ok. Just a standard installation of MAMP (MAC OS).

The fact of disable the MIME detection is a security risk when the site will be online ? (I will the only person to work on it).

Thanks again,

Ryo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carden
  • Carden's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #105745 by Carden
Replied by Carden on topic Re: Images not saving
Hi Lefteris:

I appreciate your attention to this issue, however I do have a question.

If the issue is related to directory permissions, PHP memory limit, upload size etc how does this explain that everything is working correctly and then suddenly it is broken?

After restoring from back-up everything worked for several days. Images were added from local and from the server without any problem. Then suddenly without any apparent cause the issue has reappeared.
I have tried loading images that had been previously saved into Items with no problem but now the dreaded blank screen results.

I am not a developer so my knowledge of this subject is quite limited, but if the problem is related to PHP and Server settings wouldn't it be constant?

Respectfully,
Carden

More
11 years 10 months ago #105746 by Ryo San
Replied by Ryo San on topic Re: Images not saving
Hi,

So I check my configuration everything is ok form.

Please check the picture attached.

Attachment not found

My PHP hardering solution is strictly original, except I have Ioncube installed.

Do you this could be the cause of the problem ?

Regards,

Ryo
Attachments:

• Carden
  • Carden's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #105747 by Carden
Replied by Carden on topic Re: Images not saving
so:
with the help of my host who specializes only on joomla websited I checked all settings and everything is up to spec.

Carden

Any other ideas.

I have now deledte site and restored from backup 4 times and it works great for a few days and then the problem comes back.

More
11 years 10 months ago #105748 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Images not saving
I am having the same problem. When I go and same an image I get the following error

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

I can not upload an image via K2. I can using joomla's standard media manager.

More
11 years 8 months ago #105749 by Osny
Replied by Osny on topic Re: Images not saving
Same error: Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data. (in Chrome)

I'm experence this error about two weeks. Can someone help we?

• Christos Kougkouleris
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #105750 by Christos Kougkouleris
Replied by Christos Kougkouleris on topic Re: Images not saving
Well guys... I have almost the same situation... at some point when I save an article the image doesn't want to be saved. I tried this and that and everything with no luck. Finally it had to do with server limitations. Every given server has an indexing limitation. Mine was at about 130.000 files. Meaning that, as my website is large and full of articles, as soon as the cache folder at media/k2/items reached the 130000 files in it it stopped accepting anymore files.

This is a huge problem as K2 creates 5 instances of the same file. So if I divide 130000 with 5 the result is that I currently have 26.000 articles in my website and I would prefer having just the 25000 images... just to keep going.

So my question is: is there a way to somehow divide the image instances in subfolders?
e.g. the _XS at a folder named _XS, the _S to a folder named _S etc or something like that?

or make K2 create folders by month? eg. on January 2013 create a folder named Jan2013 or 012013 and put all the images of the articles created during this month at that folder... I cannot imagine any site creating 25000 articles per month.

This way we could avoid the limitations...

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Anyone? Something?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #105751 by Ben Hollingsworth
Replied by Ben Hollingsworth on topic Re: Images not saving
I've been pulling my hair out, weirdly, the fix for me was to open the images I was attempting to upload, change their resolution from 150Pixels per inch to 300, save and amend the width to 800px and all was well. Does anyone know where the max width/height of an image is specified?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #105752 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Images not saving
It is located in the category settings.
It it possible that the min, max-width is controlled through CSS in your template.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)