Keyword

Images not saving

• Carden
  • Carden's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105734 by Carden
Replied by Carden on topic Re: Images not saving
Not yet.

The prevailaing theory seems to be that there is a conflict with another plugin or extension or that a change has been made to the system that has caused the problem. so far I have not identified any possible conflict or cause but have not completely ruled out the possibility.

I feel your paun but I'm glad to hear that someone else is having the same problem. I hope that the K2 team will take it seriously. It is a huge problem and we all need a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #105735 by Pieter
Replied by Pieter on topic Re: Images not saving
I'm having the exact same problem. However there are a few differences: I do not get any error or 404 page. I can upload the image using the file browser (click Browse server...), but it just doesn't save it when I select that image.

Also J2.5.7 and K2 2.6.1.

Any solutions yet?

• Carden
More
11 years 10 months ago #105736 by Carden
I created my own solution by deleting the site and restoring from a back-up that was taken three weeks ago before the problem occurred. I will have to redo a lot of work that was completed in those three weeks, but I could not wait any longer for a fix.

J2.5.7 and K2 2.6.1. are working properly now but I do expect that the issue will reoccur. From now on I will be backing up first and documenting all changes to the site in the hope of finding the cause of this huge problem.

If anyone finds the cause or the fix please post a message here. Much appreciated.

Carden

More
11 years 10 months ago #105737 by Ryo San
Replied by Ryo San on topic Re: Images not saving
pfffff that's terrible!!!!!!!!!

More
11 years 10 months ago #105738 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Images not saving
@Ryo San

Are you getting any error? Try to use the SVN version at getk2.org/assets/svn . Backup your site first. Let me know if the SVN version solves your issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #105739 by pbellot
Replied by pbellot on topic Re: Images not saving
Hi,
I had the same problem (OS X 10.8, Joomla 2.5.7., K2 2.6.1) : blank page after choosing image and saving
-->
I edited the file administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php
and set MIME detection methods to false :

// these are the different MIME detection methods. if one of these method doesn't work on your
// system, you can deactivate it here; just set it to false
$this->mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() commaed
$this->mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())
$this->mime_getimagesize = false; // MIME detection with getimagesize()

This resolved the issue

More
11 years 10 months ago #105740 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Re: Images not saving

Carden wrote: W...

"Invalid backend response. Data is not JSON."

I am having the exact same issue as everyone else on here. The sites were functioning properly for over a year and then all of a sudden, i am getting these errors when attempting to upload.

I am using Godaddy VDS with Plesk on a Windows server. K2 v 2.6.1 / Joomla 1.5.26 AND Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable - I am having the problem on both versions of Joomla on 2 different websites. Both of which were working just fine with no problems.

I have been over and over all these forums for K2, JCE and Joomla and have attempted almost every "solution" that it shows.. nothing seems to be working.

I could really use some help if anyone has a direction to try... i am open to trying almost any solution at this point...

More
11 years 10 months ago #105741 by Ryo San
Replied by Ryo San on topic Re: Images not saving
Hi everyone and thanks for your answer.

I try the method explain by Patrice and...... MIRACLE it works, finally I can attach an image!!!!!

So Lefteris what do you think of it ? Is it a problem to do this ? For the next update the modification could be delete so maybe there is an another way to make this modification ?

Thanks for your answer,

Ryo

• Carden
More
11 years 10 months ago #105742 by Carden
The problem of images not saving has reoccurred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reconstructed almost all of the content, categories, items, menus, modules etc. over the last several days and all of a sudden today the problem has spontaneously reoccurred.

Periodically along the way I have tested saving images and everything has been working properly until tonight after I completed setting up modules and K2 user login settings. Once again I tested adding an image to an article and it will not save.

I have not added any extensions, plugins, templates, components etc. but the problem has reoccurred.

This is very annoying and confusing.

I am now very anxious to hear from others regarding the fix suggested by Patrice and confirmed by Ryo San.

What, possible problems could be associated with this fix?

Carden

More
11 years 10 months ago #105743 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Images not saving
The fix just disabled the mime detection. We need to ensure that the uploaded file is an image and so we need the mime detection. For anyone of you facing the issue:

1. Check again the directory permissions. They should be writable.
2. Try to increase PHP's memory limit.
3. Try to increase the maximum upload size.
4. If you have any PHP hardening solution to your server ( like Suhosin ) try to disable it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)