Keyword

xmap plugin would be excellent!

More
15 years 1 week ago #69079 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
Matthew,

I assume that the problem is caused by Joomsef. I will install Joomsef in my test environment and then try to reproduce the problem and to find a solution.

Umit are you also using Joomsef or any other sef plugin?

Martin

Matthew Elsom said:I have the same problem as Umit...
Joomla! 1.5.14
k2 v2.1
xmap 1.2.2 + k2 plg v0.65
running joomsef 3.3.5 + k2 plg v2.0

I am producing a sitemap in xml and html but no k2 links are showing up at all....

my k2 plg settings are as follows:

follow subcats: YES
show k2 items: ALWAYS
priorty: 0.5
freq: DAILY

any help to get it working would be bloody fantastic!

cheers

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #69080 by Martin Herbst
Matthew,

I now installed Joomsef 3.3.5 but without the K2 plugin for Joomsef (unfortunately this plugin is not free). With the default settings of JoomSEF the sitemap looks fine.
Can you try to disable to JoomSEF K2 plugin and test whether the sitemap then contains the K2 items? Or can you send me your settings of JoomSEF?

Martin

Martin Herbst said:Matthew,
I assume that the problem is caused by Joomsef. I will install Joomsef in my test environment and then try to reproduce the problem and to find a solution.

Martin

Matthew Elsom said:I have the same problem as Umit... Joomla! 1.5.14
k2 v2.1

I am producing a sitemap in xml and html but no k2 links are showing up at all....

cheers

Matthew

More
15 years 2 days ago #69081 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
hi my friends!

You can produce XML sitemap with the following address;

index.php?option=com_sefservicemap&task=xmlmap

You can produce a custom redirect to this address and post the address to google.

I have the latest version of Sef SM 2, K2, Sh404Sef and xmapK2Plug ver.0.65

Martin Herbst said:Matthew,
I now installed Joomsef 3.3.5 but without the K2 plugin for Joomsef (unfortunately this plugin is not free). With the default settings of JoomSEF the sitemap looks fine.
Can you try to disable to JoomSEF K2 plugin and test whether the sitemap then contains the K2 items? Or can you send me your settings of JoomSEF?

Martin

Martin Herbst said:Matthew, I assume that the problem is caused by Joomsef. I will install Joomsef in my test environment and then try to reproduce the problem and to find a solution.

Martin

Matthew Elsom said:I have the same problem as Umit... Joomla! 1.5.14 k2 v2.1

cheers

Matthew

More
15 years 2 days ago #69082 by Martin Herbst
I have published a new version of the plugin on www.mherbst.de/en/software/downloads/category/1-k2.html. No new features, only a small bugfix.

Martin

Aytac ZEREN said:hi my friends!
You can produce XML sitemap with the following address;

index.php?option=com_sefservicemap&task=xmlmap

You can produce a custom redirect to this address and post the address to google.

I have the latest version of Sef SM 2, K2, Sh404Sef and xmapK2Plug ver.0.65

Martin Herbst said:Matthew, I now installed Joomsef 3.3.5 but without the K2 plugin for Joomsef (unfortunately this plugin is not free). With the default settings of JoomSEF the sitemap looks fine.

Martin

Martin Herbst said:Matthew, I assume that the problem is caused by Joomsef. I will install Joomsef in my test environment and then try to reproduce the problem and to find a solution.

Martin

Matthew Elsom said:I have the same problem as Umit... Joomla! 1.5.14 k2 v2.1 xmap 1.2.2 + k2 plg v0.65

cheers

Matthew

More
15 years 2 days ago #69083 by DrDigital
Replied by DrDigital on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
I tried to install xmap_k2_0.66.zip and got this..

Warning: JInstaller::require_once(/home2/adultmg/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/xmap_ext.php) [jinstaller.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/adultmg/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216

Fatal error: JInstaller::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home2/adultmg/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/xmap_ext.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/adultmg/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216

More
14 years 11 months ago #69084 by Travis Prebble
Replied by Travis Prebble on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
I have my menus set up for three main categories - News, Views, Reviews. Under those are several subcategories.

With that setup, the K2 plugin for XMAP returns no individual K2 items. In order to get items, I have to create sub-category menu listings for News/Industry, Views/Opinion, et cetera.

I have the subcategories set to "Yes" in the plug-in, but that didn't make a difference.

It might be that since there are no items directly under the main categories that the plug-in fails to retrieve the sub-category items. While I have a "News" category, there are no items assigned to just "News" - they all fall into sub-categories.

The site is www.recumbentjournal.com

More
14 years 11 months ago #69085 by Martin Herbst
Hello Travis,

I have tried to reproduce the problem but with the option "Follow subcategories" set to "yes" it works in my test environment.

This is what I did:
I have created a top level category "Main1" and two sub categories "Main1\Child1" and "Main1\Child2". Then I added one item to the first subcategory and another one to the second subcategory. Then I added a new menu item of type "K2 Item Listings/Categories". This menu points to category "Main1" and was named "Test K2 Bug".
In the sitemap I get the following output:
Test K2 Bug
...Child1
......Item for Child 1
...Child2
......Item for Child 2

So it seems to work correctly. At least for this K2 menu type. How did you configure the menu item that points to your main categories?

Martin

Travis Prebble said:I have my menus set up for three main categories - News, Views, Reviews. Under those are several subcategories. With that setup, the K2 plugin for XMAP returns no individual K2 items. In order to get items, I have to create sub-category menu listings for News/Industry, Views/Opinion, et cetera.

I have the subcategories set to "Yes" in the plug-in, but that didn't make a difference.

It might be that since there are no items directly under the main categories that the plug-in fails to retrieve the sub-category items. While I have a "News" category, there are no items assigned to just "News" - they all fall into sub-categories.

The site is www.recumbentjournal.com

More
14 years 11 months ago #69086 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
utahfineart.com/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&view=xml

Could someone take a look at my sitemap and tell me what is going on here. I'm a bit new at using xmap so I need a little guidance.

It appears to me as if I have two sets of urls going to the same content and I'm sure that's not good.

Thanks

More
14 years 11 months ago #69087 by Martin Herbst
Hi,

this happens because you have a menu item for each artists and they are also grouped into the K2 category "artists". If have have menu items for all of your K2 items then you won't need the K2 plugin for XMAP at all. Another solution would be to set the option "Follow subcategories" in the K" XMAP plugin to "no".

Martin

Lownotes said:http://utahfineart.com/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&...
Could someone take a look at my sitemap and tell me what is going on here. I'm a bit new at using xmap so I need a little guidance.

It appears to me as if I have two sets of urls going to the same content and I'm sure that's not good.

Thanks

More
14 years 11 months ago #69088 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
thanks for the help Martin.

I do have K2 Follow Subcats set to NO. But I still have dupes. hmmm..

I have another site where I use K2. In some sub cats I have menus to items (like artists), and other sub cats I don't have menus to items, just menu to cat (news). What would you do in this case?

Thanks again for the help!

Martin Herbst said:Hi, this happens because you have a menu item for each artists and they are also grouped into the K2 category "artists". If have have menu items for all of your K2 items then you won't need the K2 plugin for XMAP at all. Another solution would be to set the option "Follow subcategories" in the K" XMAP plugin to "no".

Martin

Lownotes said:http://utahfineart.com/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&... Could someone take a look at my sitemap and tell me what is going on here. I'm a bit new at using xmap so I need a little guidance.

Thanks