Keyword

xmap plugin would be excellent!

More
13 years 8 months ago #69109 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
Hi alexin,

please tell me which versions of XMAP and the K2 extension you are using. With my installation I am not able to reproduce this problem and so I would like to check whether we are using the same versions or not.

Martin

alexin said:

I am not getting my k2 files listed as xml site view, only as html. Here is what i got, please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #69110 by alexin
Replied by alexin on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
Martin,

Thanks for your reply, this is what i'm running

Xmap 1.2.10 with K2 Plugin 0.93 and K2 v2.4.1

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Martin Herbst said:

Hi alexin,

please tell me which versions of XMAP and the K2 extension you are using. With my installation I am not able to reproduce this problem and so I would like to check whether we are using the same versions or not.

Martin

alexin said:

More
13 years 8 months ago #69111 by Martin Herbst
Hi Alexin,

this is really a strange problem. I am using the same versions without any problems and I never heard from anybody else having such a problem. I can only remember a problem months ago where a similar problem was caused by another XMAP extension that worked not correctly and then caused a problem in combination with my extension. 

So what happens if you set the option "Show K2 Items" to "In HTML only". Will then a XML sitemap (of course without the K2 items) appear correctly. What happens if you then change the option back to "Always".

Martin

alexin said:

Martin,

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Martin Herbst said:

Hi alexin,

Martin

alexin said:

More
13 years 8 months ago #69112 by alexin
if i set it up to html only, it will show the everything on the html view, menu items + articles that were written on K2, if i set it to XML Sitemap Only, then i will get the sitemap with no items, and when i set it to "always" i get everything listed on my html sitemap but nothing on the xml view.

this are the links:

alarpa.com/articulos/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=6 -> this will work just great

alarpa.com/articulos/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=6&view=xml -> will not show anything

Thanks again, very much for your help.

Martin Herbst said:

Hi Alexin,

this is really a strange problem. I am using the same versions without any problems and I never heard from anybody else having such a problem. I can only remember a problem months ago where a similar problem was caused by another XMAP extension that worked not correctly and then caused a problem in combination with my extension. 

So what happens if you set the option "Show K2 Items" to "In HTML only". Will then a XML sitemap (of course without the K2 items) appear correctly. What happens if you then change the option back to "Always".

Martin

alexin said:

Martin,

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Martin Herbst said:

Hi alexin,

Martin

alexin said:

More
13 years 8 months ago #69113 by Martin Herbst
This is really a strange problem. The HTML- and XML-sitemaps are prepared by the same routines in the K2 extension. So there must be something within the XML options that prohibits XMAP from creating the XML sitemap. 

I will do some tests within the next days and try to find out the reason.

Martin

More
13 years 8 months ago #69114 by alexin
i remember, there was a moment when i even stared disabling extension by extension to see if there was one that was affecting it and still there was no change

Martin Herbst said:
This is really a strange problem. The HTML- and XML-sitemaps are prepared by the same routines in the K2 extension. So there must be something within the XML options that prohibits XMAP from creating the XML sitemap. 

Martin

More
13 years 8 months ago #69115 by Martin Herbst
Hi Alexin,

I think I found a reason for this problem: it seems that there is a problem if the alias name of an article (or category) contains accents (like éè...). In my test environment the HTML sitemap contained this articles (but with an incomplete link) but the XMLO sitemap did not contain these items. 

Can you try to change the alias name for "Artículos" to something without accent (e.g. articulos). I am not sure whether this problem is caused by XMAP itself or by using "search maching friendly URLs". If I switch this option of then all articles are visible in the sitemap again ... So there may be different possible reasons for this problem ...

Martin

alexin said:

i remember, there was a moment when i even stared disabling extension by extension to see if there was one that was affecting it and still there was no change
Martin Herbst said:

Martin

More
13 years 2 months ago #69116 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic xmap plugin would be excellent!
How does that "Images sitemap" in Xmap works ? It shows nothing.

More
10 years 9 months ago #69117 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic Re: xmap plugin would be excellent!
The link to mherbst.de is no longer valid. You can find my latest version of the plugin here: www.brisoft.de/en/xmapk2plugi/

But I am no longer maintaining the plugin.