Keyword

At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items

More
14 years 10 months ago #74901 by Arnold Wender
This is great!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #74902 by rexkramer
Thank you very much!!! I dreamed of such a solution...

• Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
  • Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #74903 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Replied by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos on topic At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items
Actually, I hadn't heard of MightyExtensions Resources before. I don't know how it works internally, so it's difficult for me to easily procure a yes/no answer to your question.

Rex Kramer said:Ooops, this reminds me on something totally different... sorry, for stepping on the dark side ;-) Since you have knowledge in JCE Adv Link development: Do you know MightyExtensions Resources, too? There are many people longing for a JCE Adv Link for Resources multiple category/item structure. Would you mind to have a look into this? This would be my Xmas wish for this year ;-)

TIA!!! !!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #74904 by rexkramer
Thanks for your quick reply. I am sure that the MightyResource People will guide you with the appropriate information. They are very kind people, but there are some language-challenges ;-) There are other devs which have read and worked with the category structure! I can give you some information and links.

BTW, Mighty Resources is FREE for download!!! I guess, many people do not know this. Maybe it is not really promoted on their site !!!
(there is an advanced version as well, with some more fields, modules and templates)

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos said:Actually, I hadn't heard of MightyExtensions Resources before. I don't know how it works internally, so it's difficult for me to easily procure a yes/no answer to your question.
Rex Kramer said:Ooops, this reminds me on something totally different... sorry, for stepping on the dark side ;-) Since you have knowledge in JCE Adv Link development: Do you know MightyExtensions Resources, too? There are many people longing for a JCE Adv Link for Resources multiple category/item structure. Would you mind to have a look into this? This would be my Xmas wish for this year ;-)
TIA!!! !!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #74905 by rexkramer

More
14 years 10 months ago #74906 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Replied by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos on topic At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items
Thank you for the links! Ryann (the JCE author) has contacted me. It looks like JCE 1.5.8 will use a different model for plugin extensions and he has also launched a 3PD plugins forum. I will take a look at JCE 1.5.8 model, Mighty Extensions Resources and will eventually publish both K2 and ME Resources plugins there. Just have a little patience, as my hands are already a bit full as I'm also the lead developer of JoomlaPack :)

Tease: I'm also working on two handy plugins to help you with some Joomla! administration issues which largely go unnoticed, like base tag generation which points to the site root instead of the current URL, proper canonical URL generation which Search Engines can use, redirection of non-SEF and non-canonical URLs to their canonical URLs (even without a third party SEF component) and content link fixing when you transfer your site between domains, subdomains or directories within the same subdomain. Right now it's 50% complete. I need some more coding and testing and I will announce it's availability on my personal site, dionysopoulos.me.

More
14 years 10 months ago #74907 by rexkramer
Thanks for your interest and positive reply – far more than i expected ;-)
Take as much time as you need! No problem at all. I am happy to find someone at all!!!

I will have a look at the JCE forums from time to time, and i will spread the word and distribute any news.
Best regards.

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos said:Thank you for the links! Ryann (the JCE author) has contacted me. It looks like JCE 1.5.8 will use a different model for plugin extensions and he has also launched a 3PD plugins forum. I will take a look at JCE 1.5.8 model, Mighty Extensions Resources and will eventually publish both K2 and ME Resources plugins there. Just have a little patience, as my hands are already a bit full as I'm also the lead developer of JoomlaPack :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #74908 by Matthieu Brunet
Thanks a lot for this plugin, but I can't install it :
--
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/my/joomla/directory/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php'
--
I suppose I missed a requirement, but which one ?
My config :
Joomla 1.5.14
k2 2.1
JCE 1.5.7 / 1.5.6

thanks !

More
14 years 10 months ago #74909 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Quite frankly, you are missing a key file of the base Joomla! distribution. The file libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php should be installed as part of your Joomla! site and is absolutely required to install any Joomla! plugin.

Matthieu Brunet said:Thanks a lot for this plugin, but I can't install it : --
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/my/joomla/directory/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php'
--
I suppose I missed a requirement, but which one ?
My config :
Joomla 1.5.14
k2 2.1
JCE 1.5.7 / 1.5.6

thanks !

More
14 years 10 months ago #74910 by Matthieu Brunet
This weird, as I'm currently installing a bunch of joomla component ang plugins without any problem.
But in Joomla 1.5, there is no more "extension". There is only component, modules, templates and language. And the content of my "adpaters" directory reflect this.
I suppose it's because your plugin uses legacy, which I did not installed on my joomla.

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos said:Quite frankly, you are missing a key file of the base Joomla! distribution. The file libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php should be installed as part of your Joomla! site and is absolutely required to install any Joomla! plugin.