Keyword

At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items

• Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
  • Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #74951 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Replied by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos on topic At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items
Andy, you're looking at the wrong section in the dialog :) The content section refers to Joomla!'s com_content section and categories. The K2 stuff is towards the bottom...

Andy Gleed said:Ah, i did not realise that I had to install the default JCE stuff first in order to see the JCE Administrator features.
I have now done that and successfully installed the k2 jce stuff. However, when I create a K2 item and try to create a hyperlink, the dialog I see to add the link does not have the K2 categories displayed......any thoughts?

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos said:It will not install through the Joomla! installer because JCE plug-ins are a completely different beast than the Joomla! plug-ins (yeah, it took me a while to figure that one out too!). Just go to Components -> JCE Administration, click on Plugins and click on Install. The page which loads looks like the Joomla! extension installer, but it's not. It's the JCE plug-ins installer. Use this page to install the plugin and you're good to go :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #74952 by Andrew Gleed
Hi Nicholas, all sorted thanks. I knew I was getting muddled up as im still quite new to all this stuff, but im really enjoying. The community support is also excellent which makes the move to joomla and the cool 3rd party extensions a great experience :) - Thanks for your assistance :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #74953 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Replied by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos on topic At last, a working JCE Advanced Link plugin for K2 content items
You're welcome! The spirit of the Joomla! community is in the lines of "we're here to help you and get helped by others". Welcome aboard! It's an exciting ride :D

Andy Gleed said:Hi Nicholas, all sorted thanks. I knew I was getting muddled up as im still quite new to all this stuff, but im really enjoying. The community support is also excellent which makes the move to joomla and the cool 3rd party extensions a great experience :) - Thanks for your assistance :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #74954 by Angelo Jacinto
This is such a great extension, thank you very much!

More
14 years 6 months ago #74955 by jamesrward
Thanks for this

More
14 years 6 months ago #74956 by bushie
As a new user to K2 I was soooo disappointed to find I couldn't do my internal links from within JCE. This is an absolute pearler of an extension.

Many thanks,

Ric

More
14 years 6 months ago #74957 by Cheche
Thank you for this extension, works great and added a much needed interface for working with K2. All the work I have seen you do is tremendously useful for those of us who use Joomla regularly and really streamlines the process. Can't thank you enough.

cheche

More
14 years 6 months ago #74958 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Necessity is the mother of invention. I felt the same frustration as you did, as I began using K2 exclusively for my content management need in AkeebaBackup.com. In the spirit of Open Source, I decided to give away my source code for free. I'm glad you enjoy it :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #74959 by Jim Frimmel
Got a crash when I tried to install.
Warning: JInstaller::require_once(/srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php) [function.JInstaller-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216

Fatal error: JInstaller::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216

More
14 years 5 months ago #74960 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
You have to install using JCE's installer, not the Joomla! extensions installer. Search the first two pages of the comments of this post, I've already discussed this 3-4 times ;)

Jim Frimmel said:Got a crash when I tried to install. Warning: JInstaller::require_once(/srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php) [function.JInstaller-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216

Fatal error: JInstaller::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/locasting.net/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216